Applying to Strasberg
Completing the application and submitting your supporting materials is the first step for you or your child to attend Young Actors at Strasberg. The application can be downloaded here:
Please complete the West Hollywood Young Actors K-12(YAS) Application and not the form for our adult student programs. (Please note, you must create an account to submit the online application). West Hollywood requirements are: $75 application fee and photo. After the application is received, the applicant will interview with the Program director via phone, Skype, or in-person.
We highly recommend all students submit:
- Health Insurance card photocopy: If you do not have student health insurance, health insurance through your family, government or through your employer, we very strongly advise that you obtain health insurance should you be admitted to The Lee Strasberg Theatre & Film Institute.
International students applying for our summer programs should:
- Provide documentation describing the source of the sufficient funds you will have available to cover for tuition and living expenses (calculated US $2,000 per month) while you are a student at the Institute. (If the financial statement is in a name other than your own, the person whose name appears on the account must submit an of support and bank account information). Original bank letters, bank statements, and affidavits of support must be accompanied by an official English translation and include the USD equivalent of available funds issued by the bank or financial center.
We accept applications on a rolling basis, but completed applications must be submitted two weeks prior to the first day of a semester’s classes to be considered for that semester.
Once we’ve received your completed application, we will schedule an interview with the student via email. The interview is not an audition, but rather an opportunity for the Young Actors staff to talk directly with the student about the program and the student’s interests. Please be punctual or your interview will be rescheduled.
The Admissions committee will decide whether to accept, decline, or wait list the student. If your child is accepted and wants to attend the program, a non-refundable registration fee of $150 and the cost of the tuition is required to hold the spot in the class. If your child is wait listed for a specific semester that means he or she is accepted to the program, but the class level is currently full. If a position opens, the first student on the wait list will receive the spot.
By applying to Young Actors, you are agreeing to all terms and regulations of the program including, but not limited to, the following:
1. Students may not start class on the first day if tuition has not been paid in full.
2. There is no refund for the Young Actors Program registration fee.
3. Tuition cannot be refunded after classes begin.